Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

What I did for Love... of Cookies!

It's no secret among my friends that I love to eat! Recently I have had a craving for yummy cookies, but have for some reason no desire to eat store bought ones. The only remaining option is to make my own! Normally I would trick my talented roommate, Chenyu, into baking some for me but since its winter break, I have no choice but to head to the kitchen myself. I'm pretty sure everyone's very shocked right now- me, baking for the second time in two weeks! After looking through my sister's cookies cookbook (yes she has a cookbook all about cookies!), I finally found the shortest recipe and ingredients list- perfect for me :)

Chocolate Chip Butter Cookies

What you need:
1 cup butter
1 cup confectioner's sugar
2 cups flour
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

What to do:
Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl
Drop mixture in round balls onto baking sheet
Flatten the cookie balls
Bake for 12 minutes at 375 degrees





I made the following cookies a few days later because I was craving sugar cookies :)

Chewy Sugar Cookies

What you need:
2 3/4 cups of flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups of butter
2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

What to do:
Mix ingredients together in bowl one by one until dough is light and fluffy
Roll dough into balls and drop on baking sheet 2 inches apart
Flatten the cookie balls slightly
Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees
Going into the oven after much mixing!
Finished sugar cookies

Happy eating! My cookies didn't turn out visibly appealing, but they were still delicious!

Love, Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment