Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

It's a New Year (finally)!!

I'm posting this a few days late because... I hope yall enjoyed the previous post by my best friend, Jennifer!
Thought I'd post an older picture of us since all the recent pictures have been from her birthday dinner. Don't we look so carefree? That was before I started accounting classes and before she started studying for the PCAT -__-

Anyways.... It's finally 2013! And... the world has yet to end. That means there's time to improve ourselves and create new resolutions that may or may not be achieved during the year. Usually I have a list of 10-15 resolutions ready to be accomplished, only most of the time none of them get accomplished. So this year I have changed my strategy- I am going to focus my energy on succeeding at two resolutions instead of 10.

1. Plan less and enjoy life more! Jesus said, "For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Instead of desiring to plan myself the perfect life year after year and failing, I should let God show me the path he has designed for me.

2. Stand up for myself instead of hiding behind my friends or holding what I have to say inside. This past year I have learned that part of bring a mature classy lady is being able to stand up for yourself and your beliefs when something makes you uncomfortable and I want to continue this into the new year.

I'll need all of you to help me achieve these resolutions throughout the year. Hope everyone has had a wonderful holiday season and high hopes for an amazing new year!
 Love,
Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment