Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Jennifer was in Austin!!

This past weekend my best friend, Jennifer came up from Houston to visit! Of course you know what we spent time doing- gossip!! But instead of posting about those boring things, here are some of the other things we did around the city :)

We were bored waiting in line so... picture time!
I finally got to eat at the acclaimed Ramen Tatsuya! Before some of yall get confused, the food this place serves is NOT the same as those instant ramen noodles you get from the grocery store. Although we had to wait for over an hour to even get in the door, the ramen and broth was totally worth it. I ordered the original which was pork flavored. It was a little salty, but still delicious! I would definently go through the looooong wait again just to try the other three choices on the ramen menu.
My yummy ramen <3
Posing in the graffiti bathroom- a girls must!

Jennifer loves her ramen (and that girl can be picky)

Milk tea with tapioca
After dinner, we went next door to Coco's Cafe where I ordered my favorite milk tea with tapioca (no surprise there). For some reason, I can never tire of that drink. I drank it literally the night before, but by the next day was still desiring its taste- I'm so weird... and unhealthy! Jennifer was way better than me in her choice of drinks because she got the avocado milk tea- we are so different!!

The next morning (Sunday) we had our tradition of eating breakfast at Ken's Donuts. This cheap yummy eatery is always a place where all of us gorge ourselves on sweet donuts and Indian samosas (I don't eat the latter though because spicy food makes my head hurt). Although I ordered more than one donut that morning, I only took a picture of one to show yall because I didn't want to feel bad about how much I have fallen off my diet plan this weekend.
Apple fritter- dosen't look that appetizing but its delicious!



The best part about this weekend wasn't all the delicious food we ate (although it was pretty great), but it was getting to hang out with Jennifer because we rarely get to see each other during the school year. Being reunited with someone after a long period of time is a feeling that only the one going through it can understand. I love you Jen!!

Love, Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment