Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Jen verses Kat

Hello Everyone!!!

I am Jennifer and instead of having a boring introduction about who I am and what I do, I thought it would be interesting to write about the differences and similarities of style between Kathleen and me.

Kathleen and I are, of course, very similar. How else would we be such close friends? We both love good food, shopping for good deals and TALKING!!! (You all already saw her post about her cookie pizza.)

OVERVIEW:

Kathleen: The girly-girl type who will get things done. She is the girl you will see with the bows, the pink, and the bubbly personality. She is the type who will break you the news gently and will definitely take your feelings into consideration. For example, I was telling her how someone I trusted ended up ditching me for something "she had to do for her future." Kathleen just told me nicely that she realized in college that many people out there are selfish and that even if we have bad things happen to us, we need to work it out to help ourselves. (Honesty and good advice. Yeah, that's why she's my friend.) Kathleen loves organizing social events. She will organize an event and it will come out AMAZING!!! Be warned, her organization is near-flawless but will show signs of her awesome personality. These past few months, I have seen my bow-loving, pink-wearing bestie gradually turn into a button-down shirt, grey business suit purchasing lady. Oi, this growing up thing is really getting to my friend of nine years. But hey, even if a tulip bud blooms, it is still a tulip, right?

Me (Jennifer): The chameleon-girl type who will take things as they are and make it work. What is a chameleon-girl? Don't feel bad if you don't know what that means, I made it up just now! ;) Basically, I am the girl who will adjust myself to fit in the environment. When I worked in the pharmacy for about a year, I was professional and composed. I did not let people's less-than-nice comments influence me and I bit my lip every time I got a tongue lashing and then smiled and worked out the issue. What am I like with friends, you ask? I am definitly a joker. I love a good laugh, good music, and a fun environment. (But I am not one to drink to get "wasted.") Don't mistake this "chameleon-girl type" as being two-faced. I am definitely the girl who will tell you like it is. I have yet to purchase a nice button-down shirt (Actually, I don't even own a good one.) But with the idea of pharmacy interviews ahead I probably should purchase one...

Style:

Kathleen: Cute, cute, and cute. Oh and did I mention cute? She is the girl with the cutesy poses. You know, the arch back and hands on hip one. Ok, maybe I do that pose too, but somehow Kathleen's cute personality shows through. The way she puts her clothes together is cute too...
Examples:
1. Sparkly long dress and a tiny tiara (Here, you see the cute pose)

2. Pink body-con dress and a bow headband (Notice the pose)

3. Purple dress that has a bow on it (the classic hand on hip pose)

Yep, she is a cute one.

Me (Jennifer): Feminine vintage with a modern twist. Basically, I love lace, sequins and anything that's "in style." I will always be on the look out of what is out there and what looks good on me, (Studded heels? Check! Feather hair extensions? No, this frizzy hair of mine already looks like an animal. Galaxy-theme clothes? Nope, but I want to get some!!)
Examples:
1. Color block body-con dress with sequin/lace cover up

2. Teal lace dress with faux leather belt with feathers

3. Turquoise tie-dye dress, coral undershirt and leather belt

I know you all think I'm obsessed with wearing blue, but it just so happens that those styles only came in that color. :)

Enjoy the New Year!

With Peace and Love,

Jen

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for contributing to my blog Jennifer!! Love the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahahaha this post is so true. love my friends :)

    ReplyDelete