Pages

Thursday, December 18, 2014

St. Louis Vacay Day 2!


Day 2- So many free things!!

Who doesn't want to start out their day with free beer? Today my friend and I began our morning by touring the Anheuser Busch brewery, which makes the famous Budweiser beer. We got to sample the different types of beer they had, see how they manufacture beer, and even take pictures with the Clydesdale horses from their commercials!
     
It's a Clydesdale horse from the Budweiser commercials!
Inside the Anheuser Busch brewery- They really like the color red...

After all the walking we did during the beer tour, my friend and I were starving so we headed to a well- known local barbecue place called Pappy's Smokehouse. I'm from Texas so I was skeptical when they said Pappy's was famous for its goold ole' bbq. However, after waiting in line for about 15 minutes and tasting my beef brisket sandwich I was definitely proved wrong. Pappy's is amazing and I would recommend anyone to try it out- Jimmy Kimmel was even here!
Beef brisket sandwich with sweet potato fries and applesauce- yummy!

The #1 first world problem with eating lots of yummy food is that afterwards you start to feel overweight and pudgy, so my friend and I headed to the free St. Louis Zoo to walk off all our meat calories. Although the majority of the animals were in hiding (it was so cold!), we did manage to see a very friendly elephant who came out just in time for us to snap pictures.

On the way home, we stopped at one of the St. Louis "treasures"- the Cathedral Basilica. The Cathedral looked like a giant fortress from the outside, but inside it was beyond gorgeous with its gold painted murals all over the ceiling and walls. Visiting the Cathedral was the perfect peaceful ending to our hectic day.
The inside of the Cathedral is covered in gold murals that tell Bible stories
Gorgeous Cathedral architecture
                                         

My favorite part about today was that despite the fact that we went to so many places and saw so many different things, the majority of everything we did was free! Really the only thing activity that costed money today was our bbq lunch- everything else did not charge us anything. This is such a huge difference from many other places I've been (especially New York), but I loved it! Who doesn't love saving money?

Love,
Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment