Pages

Thursday, December 18, 2014

I'm still in St. Louis... Day 3


Day 3- Playing on an Adult Playground?

Today was a slow start for me because I stayed up late the night before watching a Korean drama (can't resist!) so we did not leave the house until about 11am. First stop was Pi Pizzeria, a pizza place that serves Chicago style pizza and is known as one of President Obama's favorite places to eat. I was excited to try out the deep dish Chicago pizza because that isn't something that is available to Texans. Chicago style pizza is basically pizza backwards- cheese is on the bottom and the sauce is at the top, making it a very messy eat (but obviously still delicious). Thought'd share a photo of our very large, very saucy meatball pizza!
Meatball pizza- we love meat!

Next stop was the City Museum, which is basically a giant playground for adults. I wasn't sure what to expect when I first heard about the place because... isn't a playground meant for children to play on? But City Museum turned out to such a fun experience and I definitely recommend anyone in the St. Louis area to visit. There are secret tunnels within the building and tons of slides everywhere- even one that was 10 stories tall! There was also an outside portion that was my favorite part because the climbing areas were so unique and interesting and best of all, there was a ball pen filled with colorful balls (just like the ones you might find at a McDonalds play place). City Museum was like returning to my carefree childhood of nonstop playing and climbing and exploring. I loved it!
You can see the huge playground behind us
Conquered my fear of heights!


Back to my childhood...

We were somewhat hungry after playing around for so long , but it wasn't dinner time yet so we headed to the famed frozen custard place, Ted Drewes. Normally there would be lines of people waiting, but because the weather was so cold and it was a weekday there was no one! Here's a shot of my deliciously creamy caramel and pecan frozen custard. Don't be too jealous!

Our last stop of the day was to do some shopping at the St. Louis Galleria. I'm from Houston, which has the 7th largest Galleria in the country so I wasn't expecting much from the St. Louis one. However, it was so nicely decorated for the holidays and had a variety of shops (Forever 21, Nordstrom, Brookstone) that I throughly enjoyed myself. Shopping is one of my main passions in life so I really wanted to check out the place. It was a nice relaxing end to our day :)

Love,
Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment